Monday, July 4, 2016

Millionaire blogger has visited almost every country in the world

One Step 4Ward
Johnny Ward in Rio De Janiero, Brazil. Ward, a 32-year-old Irishman, is on the verge of completing a decadelong goal of traveling to every country in the world.

While most yuppies spend their workweeks chained to their desks until their next vacations, this millennial is making a small fortune traveling the world.
Johnny Ward, a 32-year-old Irishman, is on the verge of completing a decadelong goal of traveling to every country in the world. He’s currently at 183 out of 196. The former-teacher-turned-blogger is documenting his quest on his travel website, One Step 4ward.
He’s already got destinations such as Cambodia, Tanzania and Italy under his belt. The nations yet to be crossed off include big guns such as Argentina and obscure ones such as Mali.
One Step 4Ward
After growing his social media following, Ward is currently making an average of $30,000 a month.
More impressive, he’s been able to make more than $1 million through his writing and travels, according to CNN.
“If I can do this, anyone can do it,” Ward tells the news agency. “It just takes a bit of belief.”
Ward started his blog in 2006 when he caught the travel bug and ditched a sales job in Australia. He sold his first ad on the blog while he was traveling through Ethiopia. After growing his social media following — his Facebook page has more than 84,000 likes — he’s currently making an average of $30,000 a month.
Better still, he delegates tasks to staff to maintain his site so he can work just a few hours a week.
“When I say I’m maximizing my life, I’m not drinking Long Island ice teas in the Maldives, you know,” Ward says. “I’m maximizing my experiences, and I go to bed thinking, ‘Well that was a cool week, and next week’s going to be cool, too.’ That’s what I mean.”
He does want to settle down, eventually. His list of goals include getting married and having a family after he finishes his epic travels.
“I want a base, where I have friends and can party and the people in the shops know your face,” Ward says. “There’s no way I want to bounce around indefinitely.”
This story originally appeared on The New York Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment