Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Summary: 9/10/10-- All Souls Church
Peace Mom Cindy Sheehan delivers a great speech in which she talks about the atrocities of war and says that she believes the 9/11 attacks were an inside job.
By Alex Thomas
The Intel Hub
For the last nine years many theories have been put forward in regards to what actually happened on 9/11. From holographic planes to energy weapons, to a standard controlled demolition, concerned citizens and government operatives have all put forth different theories. One simple fact remains; the official story is scientifically impossible.
The recent release of thousands of hours of video footage and photographic evidence by The National Institute of Standards and Technology has only given us more evidence in the fight to bring the truth forward. The International Center for 9/11 Studies has worked tirelessly to secure evidence through the Freedom of Information Act and this time it has succeeded.
I’d like to take a second to review WTC 7 witness Barry Jennings. When Jennings, along with Michael Hess, entered the tower on the morning of 9/11, they encountered some extremely startling circumstances. Unfortunately, Barry Jennings passed away in 2008 under extremely suspicious circumstances.
It was just after the first attack on the North tower, but before the second plane hit the South Tower, when Barry Jennings escorted Michael Hess to the World Trade Center Tower 7. Mr. Jennings recalls a large number of police officers in the lobby of WTC 7 when they arrived. The two men went up to the 23rd floor, but could not get in, so they went back to the lobby and the police took them up in the freight elevator for a second try. When they arrived on level 23, at the Office of Emergency Management (FEMA),) they found it had been recently deserted, “coffee that was on the desk, smoke was still coming off the coffee, I saw half eaten sandwiches”.
At that point he made some phone calls, and an un-named individual told them to “leave, and leave right away”. Jennings and Hess then proceeded to the stairs, and made it to level 6, when there was an explosion, and the stairwell collapsed from under their feet. “New Information on the Death of 911 Eyewitness Barry Jennings”Jack Blood 2009
Recently, Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth released explosive new revelations that clearly show some sort of controlled demolition. In a move that no one saw coming, the mainstream news actually reported on their findings as well as the conference that was held at the National Press Club.
Major questions still remain. Who exactly carried out this terror attack? Was it strictly one group i.e Mossad or CIA or have planted gatekeepers continually blamed one group when in actuality it was a plan that was coordinated by multiple agencies and shadowy organizations. Were conventional explosives used to take down the towers or were micro nukes the culprit in the destruction of our beloved towers? How many people actually died? What is causing the multiple forms of cancer that the first responders currently suffer from? Where their people in the planes or were people like Todd Olson carefully planted in an attempt to prove that people were aboard the hijacked planes? Why have multiple groups gone to great lengths to debunk certain theories while openly admitting that they refuse to even look at the evidence?
We could argue all day about who carried out this attack. Bias against certain groups and individuals has clearly clouded the judgment of normally clear headed individuals. Why have certain people ignored the Mossad agents who were arrested in a van full of explosives? Why have others continually blamed the whole attack on Israel despite the fact that Dick Cheney ordered NORAD to stand down? Justice will never be served without a clear cut culprit to prosecute.
Richard Gage and thousands of other Architects and Engineers believe a conventional controlled demolition took place and have the scientific evidence to back it up. It is simply not possible that two commercial airliners caused the collapse of three buildings. Debunking attempts by people such as Dave Thomas and the editors of Popular Mechanics have only shown how comical these government talking heads actually are.
Others such as Dr. Ed Ward, MD believe that micro nukes were used to take down the World Trade Center Towers. While many have been quick to downplay this possibility, the evidence he has put forward deserves, at the very least, a thorough examination. It is heavily documented that this “Secret Team” is capable of basically anything, what makes the use of micro nukes so unrealistic? The evidence of Tritium at ground zero is certainly worth further examination.
That being said, one thing we do know is that the official story(A conspiracy theory in itself) is a complete lie and a dishonor to all those who died and continue to die due to the events of 9/11. Of the hundreds of news broadcasts that reported the truth in the early hours of the attack, this clip seems to be one of the most clear cut:
As you can see, there are may questions that have remained unanswered. It seems that some are actually afraid to look at all the possible angles of this horrific false flag attack. While I understand the obvious need to ignore such concocted claims as the no planes theory, I don’t see how other claims that don’t fit the standard controlled demolition line should go ignored.
Hopefully in time we will learn what exactly took the towers down, until then we must continue to investigate the multiple theories, theories that all hold weight in their own right.
*The Intel Hub will continue to investigate these theories, as the only thing we believe to be conclusive is the fact that the official story is a laughable conspiracy theory.
It's finally here - raw and unedited footage from my cell phone. Sorry for the poor cinematography but I did say unedited, LOL.
WILMINGTON, Delaware (Reuters) - BP and its partners in the blown-out Gulf well said on Monday that thousands of fishermen, seafood processors, restaurants, hotel owners and others may not yet have the right to sue over the spill, according to court papers.
BP and its partners such as Transocean Ltd and Halliburton Co said the majority of alleged victims who have brought about 400 lawsuits must first take their claims to a $20 billion fund established by BP.
The document was part of the defense team's proposal for managing the case, which could become one of the largest and most costly in U.S. history.
The plaintiffs' attorneys also filed their management proposal, in which they pressed the court to begin expanded discovery next month. They also proposed that by March they would identify test cases that would proceed to trial.
The plaintiffs would likely benefit if the hundreds of cases move quickly. They proposed BP and its partners should turn over electronic messages, contracts and details about employees with knowledge about the well and much more in the coming weeks.
The defendants, who are presumably better served if the cases languish and drop from the news coverage, countered with a proposal by setting a schedule to agree on the format for requested documents.
BP and its defendants sought to use the $20 billion claims fund to slow the pace of the lawsuits.
They argued that cases in which someone claimed an economic loss, such as a restaurant that suffered because it could not serve Gulf seafood or a shrimper whose boat was idled by the fishing ban, could not sue until it brought its claim to the BP fund.
The fund would then have 90 days to pay the claim or reject it. The claimant could only proceed to the courts if their claim was rejected, according to the defendants.
The defendants said the question of the right to sue should be settled before they have to expand the type of documents they provide to the plaintiffs.
The fund, which was taken over last month by Obama administration's former executive pay czar Kenneth Feinberg, could presumably pay the vast majority of the stronger claims, such as those brought by resorts that had oil-smeared beaches.
That could leave BP and its defendants facing weaker claims that the fund rejects, such as those brought by businesses miles from areas affected by the spill.
BP's incoming Chief Executive Bob Dudley has told analysts that the $20 billion independent claims fund would be sufficient to meet compensation claims.
Both defendants and plaintiffs agreed that the best way to proceed was to bundle similar cases, such as one track for workers injured in the blast on the rig, another for state and local governments suing for loss of tax revenue and so on.
The hundreds of cases filed around the United States as a result of the spill were consolidated in a New Orleans court.
The case is In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig "Deepwater Horizon" in the Gulf of Mexico April 20, 2010, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, No. 10-MDL-2179.
(Editing by Valerie Lee)
Summary: 9/10/10-- All Souls Church
Peace Mom Cindy Sheehan delivers a great speech in which she talks about the atrocities of war and says that she believes the 9/11 attacks were an inside job.
40 Million Americans Now Subsisting On Foodstamps Congress Imports 180,000 LEGAL Immigrants Every 30 Days Without Pause - 1.5 Million A Year
- CONGRESS IMPORTS 180,000 LEGAL IMMIGRANTS EVERY 30 DAYS WITHOUT PAUSE: 1.5 MILLION ANNUALLY
- A whopping 40 million Americans subsist on stamps, yet the U.S. Congress imports 180,000 legal immigrants every 30 days to add to the number of people dependent on the Federal Government, i.e., your tax dollars. At the same time, those 180,000 immigrants need jobs, homes, medical care, education, food, and assistance.
- But, today, 15 million Americans cannot secure a job. At the same time, somewhere between eight to 10 million illegal alien migrants hold down full time jobs. And, according to NBC's Katie Couric, 13.4 million American children live below the poverty level.
- Does anyone see a disconnect here? Does anyone see a complete abrogation of responsibility at the highest levels of government in our country?
- Charles Abbot, journalist for Reuters said, "Food stamps are the primary federal anti-hunger program, helping poor people buy food. Enrollment is highest during times of economic distress. The jobless rate is 9.9 percent."
- "It's a problem-a big one," reported Time Magazine, September 20, 2010. "According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, 49 million Americans are unsure of where they will find their next meal, including 17 million children and 2.3 million seniors."
- Why do we suffer 40 million poor people? Look to Congress: insourcing, offshoring and outsourcing of jobs to China, India, Bangladesh and a dozen other third world countries sucked jobs out of America-from car manufacturing, textiles, steel, construction materials, tools and a dozen other goods. At present, America suffers a $700 billion annual trade deficit. Congress makes no changes to halt that situation.
- The Agriculture Department said, "39.68 million people, or 1 in 8 Americans, were enrolled for food stamps during February, an increase of 260,000 from January. USDA updated its figures on Wednesday."
- "This is the highest share of the U.S. population on SNAP/food stamps," said the anti-hunger group Food Research and Action Center, using the new name for food stamps, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). "Research suggests that one in three eligible people are not receiving ... benefits."
- Abbot said, "Enrollment has set a record each month since reaching 31.78 million in December 2008. USDA estimates enrollment will average 40.5 million people this fiscal year, which ends Sept 30, at a cost of up to $59 billion. For fiscal 2011, average enrollment is forecast for 43.3 million people."
- Why would sane, rational, educated and reasonable men and women in Congress continue adding 180,000 legal immigrants to our country every 30 days with the figures showing our deepening jobs problems in our own country? Why would anyone allow such travesty against our minorities, our poor, our children and our communities?
- What did Americans do to deserve the betrayal of our presidents and Congresses? George Bush stands guilty of a fraudulent war in Iraq, but Barack Obama continues that war with 50,000 troops and notches up the other fraudulent war in Afghanistan with over 100,000 troops.
- All the while, Iraq doesn't want us in their country and neither does Afghanistan. The ridiculous policy that we must chase down terrorists in Afghanistan-when they can train in Somalia, Yemen and a dozen other places-illustrates the absurdity of our government charade.
- In a Denver Post article, "Record boost in poverty expected", 9/12/10, by AP writer, Hope Yen, "a significant rate increase in poverty to 15 percent. The number of people in the U.S. who are in poverty is on track for a record increase on President Obama's watch, with the ranks of the work-age poor approaching 1960s levels that led to the national war on poverty."
- We may expect a 20 percent child poverty rates. American Blacks and Latinos suffer higher unemployment rates.
- One lady asked, "Why are we doing this to our own citizens?"
- Homeless camps sprout up all over the USA. One look at Los Angeles shows progressing signs of John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath."
- Nonetheless, Congress happily outsourcings hundreds of thousands of jobs, insources hundreds of thousands of jobs and offshores hundreds of thousands of jobs-to make certain that Americans remain on welfare, stuck in unemployment lines and eat on food stamps.
- Meanwhile, our president and Congress keep 40 million Americans subsisting on food stamps. It's sickening! Know what's more disgusting, over in Arizona, the voters will return U.S. Senator John McCain back to his seat in Congress and many others like him-and they're the ones that shoved us into this national nightmare.
- At current rates of immigration, we may expect another 70 million third world immigrants within 25 years. How will we feed them without jobs for ourselves?
- Is Congress completely stupid?! Are the American people stupid?!
- You got that right!
- If any of us, no matter what our race, creed or color might be, refuse to engage our U.S. Congress as we have not for 30 years as to the population/immigration equation-our children will find themselves living in a terribly degraded America where the American Dream will be described by the history books as a 'fleeting fantasy' from the era of 1950 to 2010.
- These are several of the top organizations where you can take collective action to change the course of American history as well as in Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Take collective action at:
- This is the best website to start: www.numbersusa.com ; watch Roy Beck's "Immigration by the Numbers" at 14 minutes. Bi-partisan and very effective. Become a faxer of pre-written letters to your reps to make positive change.
- Also: www.fairus.org ; www.capsweb.org ; www.thesocialcontract.com ; www.populationmedia.org ; www.worldpopulationbalance.org ; www.populationconnection.org ; www.quinacrine.com ; www.familyplanning.org/ , www.skil.org ; www.growthbusters.com; www.populationpress.org ; www.thinkpopulation.org ; www.carryingcapacity.org ; www.balance.org ; www.controlgrowth.org ; in Canada www.immigrationwatchcanada.org ; in Australia www.population.org.au andPublicPopForum@yahoogroups.com; in Great Britain www.optimumpopulation.org ; and dozens of other sites accessed at www.frostywooldridge.com.
- Must see DVD: "Blind Spot" www.snagfilms.com/films/title/blind_spot/ , This movie illustrates America's future without oil, water and other resources to keep this civilization functioning. It's a brilliant educational movie! www.blindspotdoc.com
- Must see: Rapid Population Decline, seven minute video by Dr. Jack Alpert-
- Must see and funny: www.growthbusters.org ; www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXSTrW_dARc
- Dave Gardner's Polar Bear in Bedroom: growthbusters.org/2010/03/save-the-polar-bear-in-your-bedroom ; Dave Gardner, President, Citizen-Powered Media ; Producing the Documentary, GROWTH BUSTERS; presents Hooked on Growth: Our Misguided Quest for Prosperity, Join the cause at www.growthbusters.org ;760 Wycliffe Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 USA; +1 719-576-5565
- Check out this link with Wooldridge on bicycle and Lester Brown and panel discussion:
- Tomorrow's Americaproject on www.youtube.com/contemporarylearning.
- Producer: GEORGE A. COLBURNwww.tomorrowsamerica.com
- DC: 202-258-4887
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to www.tomorrowsamerica.com for more discussions on America's predicament.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Dear fellow Americans, Canadians, Australians, United Kingdom, New Zealand, and planetary citizens:
- Re: The USA about to add 100 million people within 25 years-world to add 3 billion people in 40 years, and what actions citizens must take in order to change course toward viable and sustainable societies--interview with Frosty Wooldridge
- If you have time, you may enjoy a one hour interview in California as I address overpopulation/immigration, not only in that state, but nationwide and worldwide. I attempted to cover all aspects of what our civilization faces if we continue on our overpopulation path toward adding 100 million people within 25 years here in the USA.
- While we may become emotional around the immigration issue--in the end--it's about too many people, too little water, too little resources, vanishing carrying capacity, species extinction, acidified oceans and dwindling energy reserves that will render this civilization and all 'oil-dependent' civilizations unsustainable. Away from the 'emotional' responses, we find ourselves in a great deal of trouble on multiple levels. I attempt to bring that reality to the forefront. Additionally, below, you may read from other top world minds and writers as to the long term consequences of continued human overpopulation.
- Interview with Frosty Wooldridge--Posted on the archive of the Stark Truth: http://reasonradionetwork.com/?p=8893
- Thank you for appearing for an excellent & informative show!
- Regards, Mike Conner
- Voice of Reason Broadcast Network
- For further information, please contact me at www.frostywooldridge.com , email@example.com. Also, view "Blind Spot" with Aldopho Doring and Amanda Zackem at www.blindspotdoc.com
- at http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/blind_spot/ ; watch the 14 minute video by Roy Beck " Immigration by the Numbers" at www.numbersusa.com ; also join www.TheSocialContract.com for the finest in updates and information as to what our civilization faces; also www.fairus.org for top notch information on immigration and population; additionally www.cis.org with Mark Krikorian and Dr. Steve Camarota for up to date info on population and immigration; please visit www.albartlett.org for exceptional program on population and energy by Dr. Bartlett; www.populationmedia.org with William Ryerson and Joe Bish; www.worldpopulationbalance.org with David Paxson, www.populationpress.org with Marilyn Hempel; www.skil.org with Dr. Jack Alpert, PRODUCER: GEORGE A. COLBURN ,www.starbrightmediacorp.com; www.innovationcourse.org ; Dave Gardner, President, Citizen-Powered Media ; www.growthbusters.org ; in Canada www.immigrationwatchcanada.org ; in Australia www.population.org.au andPublicPopForum@yahoogroups.com; in Great Britain www.optimumpopulation.org ; and many other top organizations at my website.
- Kindest regards, Frosty Wooldridge, Golden, CO
SERIOUS REALITIES WE FACE AS A CIVILIZATION by Frosty Wooldridge
- "Can you think of any problem in any area of human endeavor on any scale, from microscopic to global, whose long-term solution is in any demonstrable way aided, assisted, or advanced by further increases of population, locally, nationally, or globally." Dr. Albert Bartlett www.albartlett.org
- "A simple look at the upward path of global greenhouse emissions indicates we will continue to squeeze the trigger on the gun we have put to our own head." Eugene Linden, The Winds of Change: Climate, Weather and the Destruction of Civilization
- "The ship is already starting to spin out of control. We may soon lose all chance of grabbing the wheel. Humanity faces a genuinely new situation. It is not an environmental crisis in the accepted sense. It is a crisis for the entire life-support system for our civilization and our species." Fred Pearce, The Last Generation: How Nature Will take Her Revenge for Climate Change
- "At this point, it's almost certainly too late to manage a transition to sustainability on a global or national scale, even if the political will to attempt it existed, which it clearly does not. Our civilization is in the early stages of the same curve of decline and fall as so many others have followed before it. What likely lies in wait for us is a long, uneven decline into a new Dark Age
- from which, centuries from now, the civilizations of the future will gradually emerge." John Michael Greer, The Long Descent
- "We are strong and adaptable animals and can certainly make a new life on the hotter Earth, but there will only be a fraction of inhabitable land left. Soon we face the appalling question of who m can we let aboard the lifeboats? And who must we reject? There will be great clamor from climate refugees seeking a safe haven in those few parts where the climate is tolerable and food available. We will need a new set of rules for limiting the population in climate oases." James Lovelock, The Vanishing Face of Gaia: A final Warning
- "Imagine we live on a planet. Not our cozy, taken for granted planet, but a planet, a real one, with melting poles and dying forests and a heaving, corrosive sea, raked by winds, strafed by sdtorms, scorched by heat. And inhospitable place. It needs a new name, Eaarth." Bill McKibben, Eaarth: Making a life on a Tough new Planet
- "The cheap oil age created an artificial bubble of plentitude for a period not much longer than a human lifetime....so I hazard to assert that as oil ceases to be cheap and the world reserves move toward depletion, we will be left with an enormous population...that the ecology of the earth will not support. The journey back toward non-oil population homeostasis will not be pretty. We will discover the hard way that population hyper growth was simply a side-effect of the oil age. It was a condition, not a problem with a solution. That is what happened and we are stuck with it." James Howard Kunstler
- "We must alert and organize the world's people to pressure world leaders to take specific steps to solve the two root causes of our environmental crises - exploding population growth and wasteful consumption of irreplaceable resources. Over-consumption and overpopulation underlie every environmental problem we face today." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
- "As we go from this happy hydrocarbon bubble we have reached now to a renewable energy resource economy, which we do this century, will the "civil" part of civilization survive? As we both know there is no way that alternative energy sources can supply the amount of per capita energy we enjoy now, much less for the 9 billion expected by 2050. And energy is what keeps this game going. We are involved in a Faustian bargain-selling our economic souls for the luxurious life of the moment, but sooner or later the price has to be paid."
- Walter Youngquist
- "The U.S. will set a record in the rate of rise-and fall of an empire. Between wide open borders and fall of the dollar and growing population against a declining resource base, the US will be defeated from within. Mobs will rule the streets in the nation that is now the third largest in the world and unable to support its population except by taking resources from other countries." Arnold Toynbee
- "If present growth trends in population, industrialization, pollution, food production and resource depletion continue unchanged, the limits to growth will be reached sometime in the next 100 years." The Club of Rome 1972
- "The power of population is so superior to the power of earth to produce subsistence to humanity that premature death must in some shape or other visit the human race." Thomas Malthus 1798
- Frosty Wooldridge has bicycled across six continents - from the Arctic to the South Pole - as well as six times across the USA, coast to coast and border to border. In 2005, he bicycled from the Arctic Circle, Norway to Athens, Greece. He presents "The Coming Population Crisis in America: and what you can do about it" to civic clubs, church groups, high schools and colleges. He works to bring about sensible world population balance at www.frostywooldridge.com He is the author of: America on the Brink: The Next Added 100 Million Americans. Copies available: 1 888 280 7715
He’s a sensitive topic for the FBI. The imprisonment of one Native American man has led a movement that transcends the US borders and illustrates a wound of injustice in America’s indigenous population.
It’s a far cry from justice for Leonard Peltier, the 6 time Nobel peace prize nominee spent his 66th birthday in Prison, marking over three decades since he was convicted of a crime, many argue, he did not commit.
“They have no evidence that he killed anyone and that is in the court records,” said Betty Peltier Solano, the sister of Leonard Peltier.
It began on the Pine Ridge Indian reservation in South Dakota. The FBI’s war against the militant American Indian movement, culminated in the deaths of two FBI agents and a native member of the AIM. Although two AIM members were acquitted of the shootings on evidence of self defense, Peltier was extradited back to the US from Canada. The FBI’s lead witnesses in the case against Peltier later recanted their statements which the FBI had used as faulty affidavits and coerced testimony against Peltier. Regardless of the questionable evidence, he was convicted of two life terms in prison.
Peltier has been labeled by foreign heads of state, US lawmakers, Hollywood movie moguls and members of the European Parliament as a political prisoner of the United States.
Intel Hub – This type of set up could happen to anyone at anytime. Why isn’t Congress taking care of this clear violation of the Constitution by the FBI?
BOSTON — An infectious-disease nightmare is unfolding: Bacteria that have been made resistant to nearly all antibiotics by an alarming new gene have sickened people in three states and are popping up all over the world, health officials reported Monday.
The U.S. cases and two others in Canada all involve people who had recently received medical care in India, where the problem is widespread. A British medical journal revealed the risk last month in an article describing dozens of cases in Britain in people who had gone to India for medical procedures.
How many deaths the gene may have caused is unknown; there is no central tracking of such cases. So far, the gene has mostly been found in bacteria that cause gut or urinary infections.
Scientists have long feared this — a very adaptable gene that hitches onto many types of common germs and confers broad drug resistance, creating dangerous “superbugs.”
“It’s a great concern,” because drug resistance has been rising and few new antibiotics are in development, said Dr. M. Lindsay Grayson, director of infectious diseases at the University of Melbourne in Australia. “It’s just a matter of time” until the gene spreads more widely person-to-person, he said.
Grayson heads an American Society for Microbiology conference in Boston, which was buzzing with reports of the gene, called NDM-1 and named for New Delhi.
We live in a time where our schools are failing, our children are unhappy and overworked, and the current system becomes more obsolete every year. Something needs to change if we want our children to be happy, and our country to be successful, once again. The system we have now was built on a fault line and it has become increasingly evident that the cracks are growing exponentially. It isn’t too late to change that model.
We could talk about how to improve schools, maybe more money or less political involvement, but in the long run those are not the things that stand in the way of our children’s futures. What stands in the way is an archaic mindset build on false education and an inability to look past the norm. With our country in a dire economic situation with mass joblessness and stifled innovation, it is time to step outside of the box that public education has put us in to find solutions.
1. Our schools are failing miserably: That's not to say that some students do not do well in public school and end up happy, but statistics do not lie. At an annual average cost of over $10,000 per student, the U.S. is lagging behind countries that don’t spend half that much. Money does not appear to be the problem, so throwing more into a broken system is just adding fuel to the fire. No Child Left Behind has been a total failure, where states are suing the federal government over this catastrophe. NCLB puts extreme emphasis on tests -- as if still trying to churn out worker bees -- yet, the U.S. ranks far below most industrialized nations. We seem to be wasting money letting political agendas decide what is best, rather than the parents or teachers who know what children need.
Unsettling Education Statistics
- Students are not faring well on national assessments. The most recent NAEP assessments indicate that less than one third of U.S. fourth graders are proficient in reading, mathematics, science, and American history.
- More than half of low-income students cannot even demonstrate basic knowledge of science, reading, and history.
- U.S. eighth graders ranked 19th out of 38 countries on mathematic assessments and 18th in science.
- U.S. twelfth graders ranked 18th out of 21 countries in combined mathematics and science assessments (Source: The Heritage Foundation)
John Taylor Gatto, teacher for over 30 years, NY Teacher of the Year, bestselling author, and homeschooling supporter, states: “The secret to American schooling is that it doesn’t teach the way children learn, nor is it supposed to. Schools were conceived to serve the economy and the social order rather than kids and their families….that is why it is compulsory.” This is a system set up for all the wrong reasons, and it is a system whose goals were set deep inside of ulterior motives and still are today. Maybe schools are not the best places for our children to gain knowledge.
2. Our children are unhappy: Our children are unhappy, overworked, and not learning what they need in order to be successful. The first thing that needs to change is how we define that word success. We hear it all the time used as a measure of how our children are doing in life, but what if the way we define success has been wrong all along? What exactly are we as parents supposed to focus on? Is happiness even on the radar screen when success is discussed?
It seems most parents these days get so caught up in competition that they can forget that our ultimate goal should be our children’s happiness. Who's to blame them, as we are all conditioned to survive in the rat-race dog-eat-dog economy. But this ultra-competitive model seems to make school an unhappy place, as a record number of children are now on mood-altering drugs to handle their pressure-cooker lives. It is a place where strangers with corporate-government mandates are controlling the minds and bodies of our children.
We cannot expect our children to be free-thinking independent adults if they are kept under lock and key, segregated by age, fully controlled by rules, and forced to learn a federally-mandated curriculum. It is an institutional and cold conditioning of the mind. Americans have been taught to think of the word success as being dependent on excelling at school, but it seems societal success is more dependent on knowledge -- and the two are not synonymous. If we can change our thinking about success then it can equal happiness -- the ultimate human success.
In 2007, for the first time, UNICEF did a study on the wellbeing and happiness of children in 21 industrialized nations. The US and UK, two of the wealthier nations on the list, came in dead last. This alone should raise some eyebrows and prove the point that our children are not happy, and that more money is not the answer to the problem.
Another study was conducted in 2009 by the American Psychological Association to survey stress levels in children; they found some alarming information. To start, it showed that stress levels in adults and children have risen dramatically over the past few years, but even more upsetting is that parents seemed mostly clueless to the fact that their children were stressed at all. What were the main issues causing stress in children? Worry about grades, about getting into college, and family finances top the list. These problems are causing children to experience headaches, nausea, and trouble sleeping. If our goal is happiness, the school system is again, a failure.
3. School has become obsolete: The last 10 years has seen more technological advancement than in the entire century before. All of the world's information is now literally available in the palm of our hands. Almost the entire world’s wealth of knowledge is accessible through the Internet and integrated into our everyday life. Small improvements have occurred to incorporate this new lifestyle, but not nearly enough to catch up with the rest of the world. In fact, some researchers suggest that students would be better off with self-directed learning using the Internet, because we all learn better when it is something that we are interested in.
The current system is repetitive, memorization and test driven, and downright boring. It’s a place that resembles prison where, “Very little of what is taught is learned, very little of what is learned is remembered, and very little of what is remembered is actually used," as John Holt states in How Children Learn. Couple that with the fact that 50% (technological knowledge) of what is learned in the first year of college is worthless by graduation, and you just have to ask yourself: What is the point? And can’t we do better than this? Our children not only deserve better, they require better in order to compete in a market with nearly 10% official unemployment.
College seems to be less cost-effective every year. Rising college costs put our children in insurmountable debt due to the lack of viable employment. Tuitions have skyrocketed in the past few years (Harvard University is now $60,000 per year). To make matters worse, universities are now making kickback profits from credit card companies, while graduates aren’t even able to find jobs. With over 1/3 of college graduates now taking low-skill jobs, and over 65% graduating with crippling debt, it is now legitimate to question if college is the right path to put our children on.
4. The wrong people control the system for the wrong reasons: “The education system was deliberately designed to produce mediocre intellects, to hamstring the inner life, to deny students appreciable leadership skills, and to ensure docile and incomplete citizens in order to render the populace 'manageable.'" -- Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, Sr. Policy Advisor for the US Dept. of Education, and whistleblower on government activities to deliberately dumb our children down
She also notes that the system is set up to make good consumers, as well as standardize people to keep them predictable and easy to control. Does this sound like something you want to support? Do we really want our children controlled and held back in life?
The Morrill Acts of 1862 and 1890 were the first steps toward a large government role in education. What people failed to realize was that the money from these Acts became obligations to play by their rules and it continues today. Because the Feds were financially supporting the schools, they could control what was taught, thus bringing another facet of American life under their control. This is proven again and again when we see how difficult they make it for people to choose alternative education options for their own children.
It is clear that the purpose of school has become to serve corporations and government. This is evidenced most recently when we learn that BP played a role in writing the environmental curriculum in California. I think we all can agree that public schools should only serve the taxpayer's families and their children's best interests -- not the corporations that write the curriculum. When the day comes that the people in charge make families (and not greedy corporations) the priority then maybe, just maybe, our children will be learning what is really important, rather than learning how to serve the very people who set up this failing system.
In a time when our economy desperately needs more innovators, how can we change education to expand the potential of each child? It seems we must do some things we did NOT learn in school: Question assumptions about education; think for and believe in ourselves; speak up against what we know is wrong; and challenge what we've been taught to believe is right. It is each parent's right and responsibility to decide the best way to guide their child to maximum human potential.
It seems that our modern world provides all of the tools to support a child's natural curiosity to drive their own education. Homeschooling and unschooling may be the most powerful form of revolt against an establishment which is terrified of individuals that question authority and refuse to be good little worker bees. John Holt said it well: “To trust children we must first learn to trust ourselves . . . but most of us were taught as children that we could not be trusted.” We also must begin to trust our own abilities as parents to guide our children toward happiness and independence, not to blindly trust the failed government standards that have resulted in anxiety and stress conditioning.
It is time for all of us to look outside the box for solutions to our education system to ensure our children's happiness -- this should be deemed the ultimate success.
Author Mary Hickcox is an unschooling advocate, mother, and life guide to three sons (11, 7, 3).
The guru of this doomsday line of thinking may be economist Nouriel Roubini, thrust into the forefront after predicting the chaos wrought by the subprime mortgage crisis and the collapse of the housing bubble.
But other economists, who have so far stayed out of the media limelight, are also proselytizing nightmarish visions of the future.
Boston University professor Laurence Kotlikoff, who warned as far back as the 1980s of the dangers of a public deficit, lent credence to such dark predictions in an International Monetary Fund publication last week.
He unveiled a doomsday scenario — which many dismiss as pure fantasy — of an economic clash between superpowers the United States and China, which holds more than 843 billion dollars of US Treasury bonds.
S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.
“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower
It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.
Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto’s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create — without judicial review — if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming.
In the 1990s, Bill Clinton introduced HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points) purportedly to deal with contamination in the meat industry. Clinton’s HACCP delighted the offending corporate (World Trade Organization “WTO”) meat packers since it allowed them to inspect themselves, eliminated thousands of local food processors (with no history of contamination), and centralized meat into their control. Monsanto promoted HACCP.
In 2008, Hillary Clinton, urged a powerful centralized food safety agency as part of her campaign for president. Her advisor was Mark Penn, CEO of Burson Marsteller*, a giant PR firm representing Monsanto. Clinton lost, but Clinton friends such as Rosa DeLauro, whose husband’s firm lists Monsanto as a progressive client and globalization as an area of expertise, introduced early versions of S 510.
S 510 fails on moral, social, economic, political, constitutional, and human survival grounds.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan.
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection. Instead, S 510 says:
COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.” Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, “entry of food into the US” covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and “entering into” it by virtue of being produced.
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds – How to criminalize them, for more details.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production – put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil-based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed — the Five Pillars of Food Safety — are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review. It is (similar to C-6 in Canada) the end of Rule of Law in the US.
For further information, watch these videos:
Food Laws – Forcing people to globalize
State Imposed Violence … to snatch resources of ordinary people
Oak snake image at Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park, Florida
Ed. Note: Also see this piece by lawyers: Food Safety: The Worst of Both Bills (HR 2749 and S 510).
A 70-year-old US woman has been left bruised and bloody after an unexpected clash with police who came to caution her for not watering her lawn.
A 70-year-old US woman has been left bruised and bloody after an unexpected clash with police who came to caution her for not watering her lawn.
Trouble flared when Utah pensioner Betty Perry, 70, refused to give her name after being upbraided because her garden breached local regulations.
She says the officer hit her with handcuffs, cutting her nose, although police insist she slipped and fell.
Ms Perry said she was "distraught" after the incident.
“ He's just trying to cover his tracks, as far as I'm concerned ”
She denied accusations she was resisting arrest, maintaining that she only turned to go inside to call her son to fix the confusing dispute.
"I tried to sit down and get away from him [the police officer]," she told Utah newspaper the Daily Herald.
"I don't know what he's doing. I said: 'What are you doing?' And he hit me with those handcuffs in my face," she said.
"He's just trying to cover his tracks, as far as I'm concerned."
The officer had judged that Ms Perry's "sadly neglected and dying landscape" breached an Orem city guideline and was attempting to issue a formal caution when the 70-year-old was injured.
She was treated in a local hospital for the cut to her nose and for other bruises before being taken to jail.
But she was let go when police realised there were "other ways" of finding out her identity without jailing her, a police spokesman said
The arresting officer has not been named but has been placed on administrative leave, he added.
I started paying closer attention to this subject after talk began stirring of a State of Emergency being declared here in Northern California, possibly in the county of Mendocino. That could mean Martial Law and the Military being called in to sweep the over cities and forests by land and air. The people now demand it according to a recent poll taken by The Press Democrat of Sonoma County. Fifty –Three Percent of those who took the Poll willingly from the P.D.’s website believe that it’s up to the National Guard to join in to help stop the Pot-Growers. The locals of Mendocino County are mad and scared like small weak mammals in a harsh oversized reptilian dominated jungle. They asked the Mendocino County board of supervisors to declare a state of emergency on August third but by the 17th, the board of supervisors had decided against it.
The Local Media has also been reporting to the people that the violent Mexican Drug Cartels may be involved in Northern Californian Grow Operations but the only evidence of this is the presence of Latinos at a few grow-cites. White U.S. citizens are almost always present, but that doesn’t seem to stop the police from spreading The Fear.
With this frame of mind, the next logical step for the National Guard and Law Enforcement would be to raid the Mondavi, Kunde, and Martinelli Wineries since their properties are littered with Mexican Nationalists working for them daily in their gardens. If just the frightening presence of Mexicans indicates ties to Murderous Cartels then I predict that every grape field in Sonoma and Napa counties will be raided by the authorities by week’s end.
I’ve been told why it makes sense that Mexican Cartels would set up shop here. It wouldn’t cost a thing for transportation into the U.S. since it’s already here and the risk of smuggling is erased. These are valid theories but there is one serious discrepancy thereby discrediting this twisted viewpoint. The fact is, there isn’t a single person I know who has purchased inferior “Mex Weed” in the last 14 years (probably since prop. 215 passed in 1996). Even before that, no one I know would purchase it by choice, and I was hanging out with every sort of desperate depraved stoner Nor-Cal offers. “Mex” has always been considered the worst, most embarrassing grades of Ganja in existence. Not to mention the profit margin is much lower on even the highest grade Marijuana compared to other drugs (e.g. cocaine) that carry the same penalties. Cocaine per gram can get you $50-$70 on the street. Weed goes for $15-$25 per gram. Hash, $20-$35. It just wouldn’t make any sense to take the same risks for potentially less than a quarter of the profits.
Mexico hasn’t had an influence on the Northern California Marijuana trade and culture for decades, so to say that “Cartels” are germinating in our forests is a lie and simply government created propaganda and scare tactics. The only thing those Nationalists are doing is getting paid under the table to guard against thieves. If only one of the five people who had been shot and killed by the cops had actually fired their weapon during the raids, then perhaps the police would have been justified but that is just not the case. The police may just be hiding their Gestapo-Tactics behind our Fear of Evil Brown People.
Filmmaker, Kevin Booth, was recently allowed by a group of Mexican Growers to interview and film them for his documentary, “How Weed Won the West”. Would members of a vicious deadly Mexican Drug Cartel allow themselves to be exposed and compromised like that? I’m sure if they had any ties at all to the cartels, Booth and his crew wouldn’t have made it out of those forests with their heads attached.
They’ve gone too far; CAMP, the Sheriff’s Department, The National Guard and, as always, the Federal Government. Meth labs still persist, Oxycontin is flooding the streets, road rage kills at least 5,000 people daily, and a small herb that you cannot overdose on (and coincidentally can’t be patented by drug companies) is causing people to be killed and jailed to a record breaking degree.
All this violence, money, lies and suffering over the lightly toxic herb, Marijuana. It’s been over 30 years since John Lennon sang for John Sinclair, who got busted at a concert with two joints and was sent to jail for Ten years. Lennon helped get him out but not all of us have dead rock stars in our back pockets waiting for a chance to save us.
But why should we care? In November it’s going to be settled once and for all whether or not Weed will ever stand a chance in America. If California can’t legalize this plant, then we might as well abandon all hope that it will ever have any remote chance of survival. Either the days of CAMP will soon be extinct from this era or Grass will be gone for good.
Nathaniel Mayer is a California-born journalist and author. He has been dedicated to his writing for over a decade and is a regular contributor to Minds Eye World News and other alternative news publications. Nathaniel's only bias is against those in control and his integrity for the Truth is only matched by his passion for music and firearms.
Summary: This is a very short clip. I thought it would be a good thing to post in light of this news.
This is from the movie, "In Their Own Words: The Untold Stories Of The 9/11 Families& ...
Summary: The export of democracy is impossible in principle, believes former president of South Africa Thabo Mbeki, who shared his insights with RT's sister channel "Rusiya Al-Yaum". "You cannot export democracy. It has got to be homegrown, it ...
The battle over genetically modified foods is heating up.
Last week a group of food safety groups filed suit against the U.S. Department of Agriculture over its recent decision to allow plantings of genetically modified sugar beets.
The agency had said it would issue permits for seed producers to plant modified beets that would not be allowed to flower, according to Reuters.
Not so fast, said the food safety groups.
he groups – including the Center for Food Safety, the Sierra Club, and the Organic Seed Alliance – said the plantings could still modify neighboring crops, adding that the agency’s decision violates an August court ruling that prohibited future plantings of modified beets, according to a statement released by the Center for Food Safety.