Saturday, January 9, 2010

Egyptian Police Attack Nonviolent Gaza Freedom Marchers

Egyptian Police Attack Nonviolent Gaza Freedom Marchers

I had the great honor of being a part of the Gaza Freedom March; over 1,200 men and women from at least 42 varied nations around the world standing together against Israeli apartheid. Our mission was to stand by our Palestinian brethren in solidarity on the one year anniversary of Operation Cast Lead,which claimed 1,400 innocent lives in Gaza.

Though we were barred from entering Gaza by the complicit Egyptian government this did not stop us from holding our own solidarity march on the streets of Cairo in front of the Museum.

I marched alongside hundreds upon hundreds of men and women and faced abuse by Egyptian riot police while showing not a single iota of violence towards the officials. We were all there to be nonviolent and even as we faced bruising blows to our faces,arms,backs etc we did not falter and remained nonviolent.

I was personally slapped across the face and shoved onto my back then dragged by my hair across the street – I did nothing to deserve the abuse but would face this event again with a smile on my face simply because of the cause I had marched for: Palestine.

The following is exclusive footage taken while at the march – more will follow as time permits. If you wish to repost any video I have uploaded I would appreciate a formal request which would include the site it will be posted on and credit back to PoliticalTheatrics.

  • Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment