Saturday, February 23, 2013

Madoff Emails CNBC From Prison, Accuses JPM Of Fraud














Madoff is now second guessing his guilty plea.
Scott Cohn on Madoff's missives from prison.
'Frustrated' Madoff Now Second-Guessing His Guilty Plea
Quote:
"You should be aware that I have continued to offer Picard information concerning the complicity of the banks.  I was the only person in my firm that dealt with the officers that handled my account.  Not Frank (DiPascali, a Madoff lieutenant who has pleaded guilty to fraud charges) nor anyone else.  I have little doubt that the information I could provide would clearly demonstrate the vital role JPMorgan and other major banks played in carrying out my fraud, including their role in handling the accounts of my major customers.  The ball is in his court."

---
The interview that set the chain of events in motion:

 













Madoff and big banks complicit in fraud.

Update - Money to Be Returned to Madoff Investors Tops $5 Billion

Background
Madoff: Banks Knew I Was a Crook (NYT Interview)
Madoff Trustee Sues JPMorgan: "They Were At The Very Center Of Madoff Fraud"
Bernie Madoff, Allen Stanford Tried To Ensnare Libya's Gadhafi In Ponzi Scheme
The Madoff Liquidator - 60 Minutes
Citigroup Saw Warning Signs, Knew Of Madoff Fraud; Picard Suit Wants $430M
Harry Markopolos On 60 Minutes
Harry Markopolos: “Don’t Trust Your Government”
JPM Did A Cost-Benefit to See If It Was Worth Keeping a Ponzi Schemer As a Client

No comments:

Post a Comment