Friday, June 3, 2011

Video: Mock Hanging Outside Greek Parliament

Perhaps the Greeks have heard that the ECB is on its way to Athens to take over tax collection in Greece and collect the deed for the Acropolis and Parthenon.

Or maybe it was word that Moody's downgraded Greece today to near-junk status and put the odds of default at 50%.

---

Video - Greeks protest austerity in Syntagma Square - May 31, 2011

Syntagma Square is immediately adjacent to the Greek Royal Palace. I remember it from a family trip in 1972 when I was 6, as I negotiated cabfare in Drachmas with the locals for my overwhelmed non-Greek speaking mother. Earlier this week, there was discussion of a military coup in Greece if the protests and violence escalates.

Apropos of nothing, check out this amazing photo of the Parthenon being struck by lightning last Summer...

---

Attention James Chanos: Hire me as a trader for your hedge fund and rescue me from the tortuous hell of running this blog day after insanity-inducing day.

I'm the greatest living Greek-American trader outside of anyone except...well, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment