Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mubarak defies protesters saying he will “die” on Egyptian soil (Video)

CAIRO – While a quarter-million protesters have been demanding President Hosni Mubarak step down, his speech to his country today was that he will serve out the rest of his term in office until September and will “die” on Egyptian soil.

That wasn’t enough for protesters as they watched Mubarak on a giant TV. They were seen booing and wave their shoes over their heads asking Mubarak to “Go, go, go!”

"This is my dear homeland ... I have lived in it, I fought for it and defended its soil, sovereignty and interests. On its soil I will die. History will judge me and all of us,” Mubarak said.

President Barack Obama has told Mubarak an orderly transition must be peaceful; however it must begin now and must include opposition parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment